TABLEAU ONLINE & UPSSO SAML INTEGRATION GUIDE
This document provides instructions to integrate Tableau Online with UPSSO based on the SAML protocol
Administrator access to the Tableau Online portal.
Administrator access to UPSSO portal.
DOWNLOADING THE IDP RESOURCES
1. Login to the UPSSO portal as an administrator.
2. Click on the “IDP Resources” link and then “Download IDP MetaData XML” button.
2. A XML file will be downloaded. Keep this file as we need this later.
CONFIGURING UPSSO SAML IN TABLEAU ONLINE
Log in to your Tableau Dashboard as Admin
Go to Authentication Settings in the Settings menu.
Enable SAML authentication by checking the Single Sign On (SSO) with SAML checkbox.
Click on edit connection
5. Export metadata from Tableau Online. Note down the Tableau Entity ID and Assertion Consumer Service URL (ACS URL) which will be needed to configure the plugin.
6. Upload the IDP metadata downloaded from the above step (DOWNLOADING THE IDP RESOURCES)
7. Click on the Test Connection button in the Tableau Dashboard to Test the SSO configuration.
8. Match the attribute names in the IDP’s SAML configuration to the corresponding attribute names on Tableau Online. You can do this under the Attribute/Role Mapping Tab in the plugin. Note the Attributes required from Tableau.
CONFIGURING TABLEAU ONLINE APPLICATION IN UPSSO
Login into the UPSSO portal as an administrator.
Click on the “Application Management” menu and then click new record button and select SAML application as highlighted below.
3. Click on the Tableau Online application icon.
4. Enter the Tableau Online domain name of your company. Click on the Save button.
TESTING THE INTEGRATION
Make sure to log out from Tableau Online.
Login into the UPSSO portal as a user having the same email address as a Tableau Online user.
Click on the Tableau Online Application.
Select the OTP method and enter the OTP and click on the Verify button.
5. Users will be able to access the Tableau Online application
How to ByPass SSO
Keep administrator authentication type as ‘Tableau’.
Then admin can not possible to login through SSO,only possible to login with valid credentials.
keep non-admin user authentication type as SAML.